- This powerful yet gentle, painless, non-invasive form of therapy is the cornerstone treatment modality provided by this center.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Modern research is consistently proving that there is a critical connection between oral health and your body's overall health. It is what has come to be known as the oral systemic connection.
Physicians cannot give a person a "clean bill of health" nor can people even considern themselves healthy if their mouths aren't healthy.
Consider some of the following tag lines from various studies:
1. Surgeon General states 80% of Adults have some form of gum disease.
2. Gum disease can cause heart disease.
3. People with gum disease are twice as likely to die from heart disease and three times as likely to die from stroke.
4. Gum therapy improves blood vessel health and helps prevent heart attack and stroke.
5. 93% of people with gum disease are at risk for diabetes.
6. Healthy gums help prevent diabetes.
7. Eliminating gum disease in people with diabetes lowers the health care costs by 15% per year.
8. If you have diabetes and bleeding gums, your risk of dying increases by 400-700%
9. Gum disease and tooth loss increase risk of Alzheimer's disease.
10. Pregnant women with gum disease have only a 1 in 7 chance of giving birth to a healthy child of normal size.
11. Gum disease increases risk for head and neck cancer.
12. Harvard states that gum disease increases pancreatic cancer risk by 62%.
13. Dr. Oz states regular flossing adds 6 1/2 years to your life.
We are associated with one of the few dental practices around the country that have an effective program that will test the gums for inflammatory bacteria. It is similar to a throat culture for strep throat except the results are obtained in 5 minutes. This test is imperative for ruling out infections that are not seen during the standard dental examination.
|Saturday||2 Saturdays per month||Call for monthly schedule|
|Closed||10:00am||10:00am||10:00pm||10:00am||2 Saturdays per month||Closed|
|Closed||7:30pm||7:30pm||7:30pm||6:00pm||Call for monthly schedule||Closed|